Welcome to My Personal Page
You may know that my wife, Jeannie, is a 10-year breast cancer survivor, and in March this year, thankfully, she was officially discharged from her oncologist's office. She has been completely cancer free and healthy as ever. Needless to say, we both feel so blessed to be here today.
8 years ago after completing all the treatments, Jeannie ran her first full marathon in Portland, OR. She has completed 9 full marathons as of today & counting. Jeannie has been a tremendous inspiration to me. If you knew me 10 years ago, you would know that my idea of exercise was playing 18 holes of golf riding in a golf cart. When I saw Jeannie jogging on a treadmill in-between her chemo treatments, to stay strong enough to continue receiving potentially life saving cocktail of cancer killing drugs, I realized that I could no longer be a couch potato. So, I started with a goal of running a local 12k (Sound to Narrows), 9 years later I have completed 22 marathons.
This year, I have gotten into Chicago Marathon, which happens to be on the same day as Come Walk With Me on October 6, 2018 in downtown Sumner. I will be running virtually with all the supporters, and I would like to ask for your help in supporting those going through a diagnosis or treatment of breast cancer, honoring those who have fought breast cancer and won, and remembering those who we lost too soon. I will be so grateful for any amount of your generous donations, but if you would like to be creative, it would be fun to receive donations in $26.2 increments. :-)
Thank you for your support, and thanks for reading my story. Jun (and Jeannie)
100% of funds raised for Come Walk With Me benefit breast health programs at MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital.
By supporting Come Walk With Me, you are helping our community to fund programs like:
- Establishing a free/reduced fee mammography program through Her Piece of Mind
- Providing resource kits for newly diagnosed patients
- Post-surgical camisoles with built-in drainage, provided to patients at no cost
- Complimentary wigs for patients in treatment
- Prosthesis programs for under-insured patients
- Presentations to various community groups on breast health
- Lymphedema classes and support groups
- Exercise and nutrition classes specifically for breast cancer patients
There are many ways you can help!
- Click the “donate” button to support our fundraising efforts.
- Register for Come Walk With Me and participate in the 5K Walk or Motorcycle Ride.
- Help me spread the word by sharing the link to this fundraising page on your social networks.
Come Walk With Me to make a positive impact on our local community.
Come Walk With Me to ensure that every newly diagnosed breast cancer patient at Good Samaritan Hospital gets the necessary support and resources.
Come Walk With Me so no breast cancer patient will have to walk alone through this fight.
About Good Samaritan Hospital
At MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient health care services. As a private, not-for-profit organization that does not receive general funding from any government entities, Good Samaritan relies on the financial support of the community to provide our growing health care services. Learn more at multicare.org/goodsam.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.