2018 REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. Sign up for the Rainier Fat Tire Ride & Run at Packet Pickup or at the event.
Registration will close on August 17, 2018. Fundraising minimums are also due on August 17, 2018, but you can continue fundraising for great rewards through September 30, 2018.
Need registration help?
Base Camp: Pack Forest (Eatonville, WA)
The Charles L. Pack Experimental Forest is a conference center hidden within 4,300 acres of forestland at the foot of Mount Rainier. Pack Forest offers everything that's great about summertime in the Pacific Northwest.
We plan to have a full weekend of fun! After your ride, grab a meal at Pack Forest and take advantage of the activities we’ll arrange for riders of all ages. We’ll have a program to celebrate the Courage you showed by riding and fundraising, and the Courage our Mary Bridge patients show every day. Stick around in the evening for music from a live band, yoga, kids' activities, a beer garden, and much more!
Click here for a timeline for Courage weekend.
Apartments, cabins, houses, and dorms at Pack Forest and rooms at the Mill Village Motel are available at an additional cost for 2-day riders only on a first-come, first-served basis. Plenty of free camping is available on the Pack Forest campground, and we promise to make it fun and family-friendly!
There are other hotels available in surrounding towns, but riders will need to make their own reservations and find their own transportation.
Pedaling for kids can work up an appetite! We’ve got you covered. Lunch is included for all riders. For our 2-day riders participating in the Northwest Brew Thru, dinner on day 1 and breakfast on day 2 is also included.
Meal tickets will be available for purchase for any 1-day riders who wish to stick around for dinner on Saturday evening and/or breakfast on Sunday morning. Family members are also welcome to purchase meal tickets at the event.
Saturday, August 25
- Dinner served from 12-7pm
- $15 for adults (ages 13+), $10 for kids (ages 3-12), kids 2 and under eat free
- Menu: Hamburgers, cheese burgers, veggie burgers, hot dogs, mesquite chicken breast, baked beans, garden salad, coleslaw, pasta salad, chips, whole fruit, and cookies
- Registered Rainier Fat Tire Ride & Run, Cascade Cruiser, and Tahoma Half Century participants have one complimentary entrance to this meal
- Registered Northwest Brew Thru riders have two complimentary entrances to this meal.
Sunday, August 26
- Breakfast served from 6:30-9am
- $10 for adults (ages 13+), $8 for kids (ages 3-12), & kids 2 and under eat free
- Menu: Veggie frittata, hash browns, turkey bacon, sausage, oatmeal, bagels, and whole fruit
- Registered Northwest Brew Thru riders have one complimentary entrance to this meal.
Of course, this wouldn’t be Courage without our rest stops. Each route will have rest stops for riders to catch their breath, fill their stomachs, and prepare for the next leg.
Rules of the Road: Safety and Etiquette
Courage could not take place without the support and coordination of numerous local communities and agencies. We ask that all riders follow general road riding etiquette and rules to foster a safe environment for all involved. Please download and review our Bicycle Safety and Etiquette Guide and our Participant Guide.
For your safety, we'd like to remind you of a few key requirements:
- Be conspicuous - wear reflective gear and bright colors
- Follow the law - we are a Rules of the Road ride
- No personal SAG (Support and Gear) Vehicles - this is extremely dangerous to your fellow riders as well as other drivers
- Be predictable - familiarize yourself with the correct hand signals and group riding etiquette
- Ride ready - check that your bike equipment is in proper working condition prior to event weekend, and don't forget to train!
Take a look at our brand new jerseys! We have both an official jersey (pictured on top) and a semi-customizeable jersey (pictured on bottom) available for purchase this year. Click here to purchase your jersey today - order by August 1 to receive in time for Courage weekend.