Courage - Karen K's annual ride for the kids
Once again, my husband, Tom, and I will be participating in the annual Ride with Courage (formerly known as “Courage Classic”). This year I will be riding and Tom will be volunteering and we are excited to be back to the mountain passes. On day-1 (Aug 24) we will start in Cle Elum and ride to Leavenworth and on day-2 (Aug 25) we will return to Cle Elum. I've been training for the last couple of months and am a bit anxious about being ready.
This annual ride is a fund raising event and Mary Bridge Children's Hospital is the recipient. The funds I am raising will be directed to the most fragile children in our society, treatment and care for children who have been abused or neglected.
I am fundraising and appreciate any level of support you are able to provide.
When I was recruited to join MultiCare in 2013, my daughter, Julia, was pregnant with our first grandchild, Trey. I was drawn to MultiCare because of Mary Bridge. I knew that if my grandchildren (Madeline joined us in 2014 and Archer in 2018) needed health care that we could rely on a dedicated children's hospital.
I've been very impressed at the high quality health care and extensive services that Mary Bridge provides the children of our region. I pray my grandbabies won't need to use these services, but want to ensure they are available, should that day come.
Will you donate to help Mary Bridge Children's Hospital provide abused and neglected children in our region get the services they need?
Trey, Madeline, Archer, their parents (Julia and Lee), Tom, I and countless other children, parents and grandparents all thank you for your generous support.
100% of donor contributions to Mary Bridge Children’s Courage support patient care and family support at Mary Bridge. Here are a few ways your dollars make an impact:
Kids served at Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital & Health Center in 2016 thanks to donor support:
- 250,000 hospital visits
- 39,000 emergency room visits
- 3,700 inpatient stays
- 90 children received chemotherapy and hundreds more received follow-up treatment
2016 donor-supported community program statistics:
- 1,100 families stayed at Tree House, a family housing unit available for individuals with hospitalized loved ones
- 1,700 victims of child abuse and neglect were served by the Child Abuse Intervention Department
- 12,000 free vaccines were administered through the Mobile Immunization Clinic
- 2,683 kids with special needs received therapy at Mary Bridge Children’s Therapy Unit
- 477 kids and parents received grief support through BRIDGES: A Center for Grieving Children
- Countless lives saved through the prevention of accidental injuries via safety education, car seat installations, bike helmet checks, and providing water safety equipment and safe gun storage through the Center for Childhood Safety
There are many ways you can help!
- Click the “donate” button to support my fundraising efforts.
- Register for Courage and ride with me.
- Help me spread the word by sharing the link to this fundraising page on your social networks.
When you support Mary Bridge, you help children get the high-quality, compassionate care they need and deserve. Thank you for helping children at Mary Bridge.
Ready. Set. Courage.
About Mary Bridge Children's Hospital
For more than 60 years, Mary Bridge has been a not-for-profit hospital that has counted on support from the community to fulfill its mission of providing care to all children, regardless of a family's ability to pay. Learn more at marybridge.org.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.