What a privilege to be a rider during this great event
I’m riding with Mary Bridge Children's COURAGE CLASSIC because the unique services they provide for the Children of Pierce and South King Counties.
I have a special interest in seeing the continuing and increasing services provided by Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital. In 1960, when our first born was 2 years old, he got into his grandparent’s pills with nearly disastrous results. Taking him to this hospital, they provided over 3 days of the necessary medical and emotional services needed to save his life. That son is now 60 years young and in excellent health thanks to that experience. I want that same service available to save other lives in the future!
Of course, there is a tertiary and selfish reason I ride the Courage Classic. It is a great experience to be part of this great event with the energy and enthusiasm of the entire team of riders, volunteers and support staff. It requires a training program that benefits the personal health of other riders and me. This will be my 6th ride with this unique experience and God willing, I plan for many more in the future.
A gift from you, no matter the size, will allow these patients and their families to continue receiving the critical support and services they need. The need continues to escalate every year and without this funding, the level of these services would be limited.
Please join me - let's do this for the kids.
From the seat of my bike and my heart.
100% of donor contributions to Mary Bridge Children’s Courage support patient care and family support at Mary Bridge. Here are a few ways your dollars make an impact:
Kids served at Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital & Health Center in 2017 thanks to donor support:
- 43,448 emergency room visits
- 3,665 hospital admissions
- 225 families received ongoing support from the Pediatric Complex Care Team
2017 donor-supported community program statistics:
- 1,081 fragile infants and their families received home visits through Parenting Partnership
- 405 children received child abuse medical exams from the Child Abuse Intervention Department (CAID)
- 10,013 free vaccines were administered through the Mobile Immunization Clinic
- 230 kids and parents received grief support through BRIDGES: A Center for Grieving Children
- Countless lives saved through the prevention of accidental injuries through safety education, car seat installations, bike helmet checks, and providing water safety equipment and safe gun storage through the Center for Childhood Safety
There are many ways you can help!
- Click the “donate” button to support my fundraising efforts.
- Register for Courage and ride with me.
- Help me spread the word by sharing the link to this fundraising page on your social networks.
When you support Mary Bridge, you help children get the high-quality, compassionate care they need and deserve. Thank you for helping children at Mary Bridge.
Ready. Set. Courage.
About Mary Bridge Children's Hospital
For more than 60 years, Mary Bridge has been a not-for-profit hospital that has counted on support from the community to fulfill its mission of providing care to all children, regardless of a family's ability to pay. Learn more at marybridge.org.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.