For the Ladies
COME WALK WITH ME on October 6 in downtown Sumner, and help me support those going through a diagnosis or treatment of breast cancer, honor those who have fought breast cancer and won, and remember those who we lost too soon. My Boy Scout Troop, 501, will be posting the colors and I'll be walking with lots of pink as soon as we get the party started!
Just one year ago, my friend, Frank lost his sister, Gianine. I uploaded a picture here on this page. I'm dedicating my walk to Gianine and the other women who are fighting hard right now. My mom works at MultiCare so a lot of people ask if I have to do this. I want you to know, that I don't have to; in fact, I asked my friend if I could walk in honor of his sister before I even told my mom I was going to do this.
I have a sister too and a mom, two grandmas and a couple of aunts. I have a lot of women who are like family to me through my church, my family friends, etc. I can imagine how it feels to fight a long medical fight because I've experienced that with my family and I've also lost someone really close to me. I figure it doesn't matter what we lose someone to, it matters how we live in the meanwhile. So I'd really appreciate you supporting this walk, and me doing it. And I hope that if you know someone, either who has had breast cancer, or who has a family member who does, that you'll support me too. I am going to do this walk, and I just hope to raise some funds while doing it that will pay forward for whomever needs it when it's their turn to get that really bad news.
100% of funds raised for Come Walk With Me benefit breast health programs at MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital.
By supporting Come Walk With Me, you are helping our community to fund programs like:
- Establishing a free/reduced fee mammography program through Her Piece of Mind
- Providing resource kits for newly diagnosed patients
- Post-surgical camisoles with built-in drainage, provided to patients at no cost
- Complimentary wigs for patients in treatment
- Prosthesis programs for under-insured patients
- Presentations to various community groups on breast health
- Lymphedema classes and support groups
- Exercise and nutrition classes specifically for breast cancer patients
There are many ways you can help!
- Click the “donate” button to support our fundraising efforts.
- Register for Come Walk With Me and participate in the 5K Walk or Motorcycle Ride.
- Help me spread the word by sharing the link to this fundraising page on your social networks.
Come Walk With Me to make a positive impact on our local community.
Come Walk With Me to ensure that every newly diagnosed breast cancer patient at Good Samaritan Hospital gets the necessary support and resources.
Come Walk With Me so no breast cancer patient will have to walk alone through this fight.
About Good Samaritan Hospital
At MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient health care services. As a private, not-for-profit organization that does not receive general funding from any government entities, Good Samaritan relies on the financial support of the community to provide our growing health care services. Learn more at multicare.org/goodsam.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.