Come Walk With Me :)
Just days before my 21st birthday, my auntie Heidi passed away from breast cancer, she was only diagnosed just months prior. A few years later, fate stepped in and a medical assistant job landed in my lap. When I accepted this new journey in my life, I didn’t know that I’d be working very closely with a surgical oncologist whose patient base is mainly breast cancer. I’ve met so many strong women, who have battled cancer and still are fighting their battles. I’ve seen these women come in right after being diagnosed, and then I see those same women months down the line, tired and struggling but they are still fighting, even when they didn’t think they’d make it this far. I can’t even begin to tell you how thankful someone is when you just have some basic information for them, like how to get a complimentary wig if chemo is in their treatment plan and they are worried about hair loss. Or how to get a camisole that is designed to be worn after surgery so it can hold the drain tubes out of the way during recovery. These donations go towards these warriors in helping them fight their battles. Please help me in making their fight just a little easier.
Please Come Walk With Me on October 6, 2018 in downtown Sumner, and help me support those going through a diagnosis or treatment of breast cancer, honor those who have fought breast cancer and won, and remember those who we lost too soon. Please Come Walk With Me on October 6, 2018 in downtown Sumner, and help me support those going through a diagnosis or treatment of breast cancer, honor those who have fought breast cancer and won, and remember those who we lost too soon.
100% of funds raised for Come Walk With Me benefit breast health programs at MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital.
By supporting Come Walk With Me, you are helping our community to fund programs like:
- Establishing a free/reduced fee mammography program through Her Piece of Mind
- Providing resource kits for newly diagnosed patients
- Post-surgical camisoles with built-in drainage, provided to patients at no cost
- Complimentary wigs for patients in treatment
- Prosthesis programs for under-insured patients
- Presentations to various community groups on breast health
- Lymphedema classes and support groups
- Exercise and nutrition classes specifically for breast cancer patients
There are many ways you can help!
- Click the “donate” button to support our fundraising efforts.
- Register for Come Walk With Me and participate in the 5K Walk or Motorcycle Ride.
- Help me spread the word by sharing the link to this fundraising page on your social networks.
Come Walk With Me to make a positive impact on our local community.
Come Walk With Me to ensure that every newly diagnosed breast cancer patient at Good Samaritan Hospital gets the necessary support and resources.
Come Walk With Me so no breast cancer patient will have to walk alone through this fight.
About Good Samaritan Hospital
At MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient health care services. As a private, not-for-profit organization that does not receive general funding from any government entities, Good Samaritan relies on the financial support of the community to provide our growing health care services. Learn more at multicare.org/goodsam.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.