Tom's Courage Bike Ride Fundraising Page
I am fundraising to support children served by Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital Child Abuse Intervention Department through riding the annual Courage bike ride put on by Mary Bridge and Rotary. I can use your help.
As I've discussed with many of you, the Rotary clubs of Pierce County became involved over 25 years ago in raising funds to start the child abuse department at Mary Bridge Childrens Hospital after a young boy was severly abused in Tacoma. Through these efforts children and their families can receive a full range of medical, mental and legal services, at no charge, to help them through the challenges created by child abuse. Unfortunately, the number of cases of children being abused has not declined, Mary Bridge alone served over 400 children in one year, more than 1 a day!
Any contribution you can provide is appreciated.
If you can help please donate to assist kids at Mary Bridge get the services they need?
100% of donor contributions to Mary Bridge Children’s Courage support patient care and family support at Mary Bridge. Here are a few ways your dollars make an impact:
Kids served at Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital & Health Center in 2017 thanks to donor support:
- 43,448 emergency room visits
- 3,665 hospital admissions
- 225 families received ongoing support from the Pediatric Complex Care Team
2018 donor-supported community program statistics:
- 1,081 fragile infants and their families received home visits through Parenting Partnership
- 405 children received child abuse medical exams from the Child Abuse Intervention Department (CAID)
- 10,013 free vaccines were administered through the Mobile Immunization Clinic
- 230 kids and parents received grief support through BRIDGES: A Center for Grieving Children
- Countless lives saved through the prevention of accidental injuries through safety education, car seat installations, bike helmet checks, and providing water safety equipment and safe gun storage through the Center for Childhood Safety
There are many ways you can help!
- Click the “donate” button to support my fundraising efforts.
- Register for Courage and ride with me.
- Help me spread the word by sharing the link to this fundraising page on your social networks.
When you support Mary Bridge, you help children get the high-quality, compassionate care they need and deserve. Thank you for helping children at Mary Bridge.
Ready. Set. Courage.
About Mary Bridge Children's Hospital
For more than 60 years, Mary Bridge has been a nonprofit hospital that has counted on support from the community to fulfill its mission of providing care to all children, regardless of a family's ability to pay. Learn more at supportmarybridge.org.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.