Welcome to David's Courage Fundraising Page
I have actually done something like this before:
When I was about 11 years old, I got a recruiting flyer at school from the American Diabetes Association for a bikeriding fundraiser. We were asked to choose between a 10-mile route and a 25-mile route and to collect pledges of so many cents per mile.
I rode my bike all the time. I was very excited to ride and didn't mind asking for pledges. I went to several neighborhoods in my area and asked for pledges door-to-door. (It was a different time, to be sure.) When the ride day came, my mother was very nervous for me. She actually was expecting me to call from 5 miles out of town and ask her to come collect me and my bike.
Not only did I not do that, but I rode the 25-mile loop and had plenty of energy left over, so I looped around the 10-mile route, as well. My mother was shocked. I was happy. And my pledgers were a little less happy, having to pony up for 35 miles instead of the 25 they (and I) thought I was going to complete.
I rode in the ADA fundraiser the next two years as well, completing 50 miles and then 65 the following year. My goal for the next year was 75 miles, but moving to Washington in 1982 interfered.
So, now I'm almost 52 and not 13, but I can do this! (Pretty sure :) I'm going to try, anyway, and I fully expect to complete it. I'm not riding my big brother's Schwinn Continental this time, either. Will post pics of my ride on a future post.
Thank you for reading and thank you for anything you can give! Remember, it is tax-deductible and every bit you give helps.
Love and appreciation to you all,
David Johnsrud, EAMP, RN.
Please join me as I Ride with Courage. I am fundraising to support all children served by Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital in Tacoma, and I need your help! Will you donate to help me reach my goal and help kids at Mary Bridge get the services they need?
100% of donor contributions to Mary Bridge Children’s Courage support patient care and family support at Mary Bridge. Here are a few ways your dollars make an impact:
Kids served at Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital & Health Center in 2017 thanks to donor support:
- 43,448 emergency room visits
- 3,665 hospital admissions
- 225 families received ongoing support from the Pediatric Complex Care Team
2017 donor-supported community program statistics:
- 1,081 fragile infants and their families received home visits through Parenting Partnership
- 405 children received child abuse medical exams from the Child Abuse Intervention Department (CAID)
- 10,013 free vaccines were administered through the Mobile Immunization Clinic
- 230 kids and parents received grief support through BRIDGES: A Center for Grieving Children
- Countless lives saved through the prevention of accidental injuries through safety education, car seat installations, bike helmet checks, and providing water safety equipment and safe gun storage through the Center for Childhood Safety
There are many ways you can help!
- Click the “donate” button to support my fundraising efforts.
- Register for Courage and ride with me.
- Help me spread the word by sharing the link to this fundraising page on your social networks.
When you support Mary Bridge, you help children get the high-quality, compassionate care they need and deserve. Thank you for helping children at Mary Bridge.
Ready. Set. Courage.
About Mary Bridge Children's Hospital
For more than 60 years, Mary Bridge has been a not-for-profit hospital that has counted on support from the community to fulfill its mission of providing care to all children, regardless of a family's ability to pay. Learn more at marybridge.org.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.