Welcome to Doug's Fundraising Page
Friends and family;
This is my 13th year riding the Courage to help Mary Bridges child abuse program. My friends and I are committed to this ride and the cause 100% every year and no rain, no wind no nothing will stop us...not even this Covid virus. We are going live again on this ride and look forward to coming together as one big team to raise funds for Mary bridge.
I've been asked why I am committed and my simple answer is Child abuse has no borders. Those that are unfortunate victims of abuse dont always stay in the same community but move to other communities and we are committed to making sure they can live productive adult lives.
You can help us out by donating a little to this big cause and bring a little smile to Mary Bridge and the child abuse intervention center.
Please join me as I Ride with Courage. I am fundraising to support all children served by Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital, and I need your help! Will you donate to help me reach my goal and help kids at Mary Bridge get the services they need?
100% of donor contributions to Mary Bridge Children’s Courage support patient care and family support at Mary Bridge. Here are a few ways your dollars make an impact:
Kids served at Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital & Health Center in 2017 thanks to donor support:
- 43,448 emergency room visits
- 3,665 hospital admissions
- 225 families received ongoing support from the Pediatric Complex Care Team
2021 donor-supported community program statistics:
- 1,081 fragile infants and their families received home visits through Parenting Partnership
- 415 children received child abuse medical exams from the Child Abuse Intervention Department (CAID)
- 10,013 free vaccines were administered through the Mobile Immunization Clinic
- 230 kids and parents received grief support through BRIDGES: A Center for Grieving Children
- Countless lives saved through the prevention of accidental injuries through safety education, car seat installations, bike helmet checks, and providing water safety equipment and safe gun storage through the Center for Childhood Safety
There are many ways you can help!
- Click the “donate” button to support my fundraising efforts.
- Register for Courage and ride with me.
- Help me spread the word by sharing the link to this fundraising page on your social networks.
When you support Mary Bridge, you help children get the high-quality, compassionate care they need and deserve. Thank you for helping children at Mary Bridge.
This year has seen a lot of rides canceled but I've been fortunate to ride the Tour de Whatcom, Hurricane Ridge and many weekly rides with my team.
The one that is near and dear to me is the Courage Classic where I get to hear real live stories of kids that have been abused and it breaks my heart knowing a child has to experience this. If I can help by riding up and over several mountain passes to help this cause then it is the least I can do. Can you join me and help me with a little donation.
Ready. Set. Courage.
About Mary Bridge Children's Hospital
For more than 60 years, Mary Bridge has been a nonprofit hospital that has counted on support from the community to fulfill its mission of providing care to all children, regardless of a family's ability to pay. Learn more at supportmarybridge.org.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.