Welcome to My Personal Fundraising Page
Well, this is not the letter I had hoped to share this year.
After a very successful 2019 Courage ride, the 2020 event was effectively cancelled. 2021 was all set make a fantastic comeback… and then we know how the rest of the story goes.
Two weeks ago, MultiCare was forced to make the difficult decision to cancel all in-person events, which of course includes the Courage fundraiser. Needless to say, this was a disappointing but understandable change of plans.
So, I will NOT be making my eighth trip up and over the mountains this weekend. However, I will remain committed to the cause!
The Mary Bridge Courage event is a fundraiser that benefits child abuse prevention and intervention programs at Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital in Tacoma. Many of the enhanced services provided by Mary Bridge are not covered by insurance, and donor support is critical to continuing this mission.
For the past year, I have had the opportunity to serve on the Mary Bridge Children’s Foundation Board, and I have been able to see first hand how powerful our support can be.
In a NORMAL year, I would be asking for your support while I ride over Blewett Pass with my Dad and trusty Team Patriot partner. This year, we have both committed to get our 105 mile VIRTUAL Courage completed. Even though the ride is virtual, the need is still real.
So now I’m asking for your support. At the bottom of this letter is a link to my personal fundraising page. Please consider making a donation to Mary Bridge, and know that 100% of your funds will go directly to this critical program.
To those of you that have supported us in the past, and to anyone new… a big Thank You for your consideration. To all of you we truly appreciate your support and thank you for any dollars that you might contribute - large or small.
100% of donor contributions to Mary Bridge Children’s Courage support patient care and family support at Mary Bridge. Here are a few ways your dollars make an impact:
Kids served at Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital & Health Center in 2017 thanks to donor support:
- 43,448 emergency room visits
- 3,665 hospital admissions
- 225 families received ongoing support from the Pediatric Complex Care Team
2017 donor-supported community program statistics:
- 1,081 fragile infants and their families received home visits through Parenting Partnership
- 405 children received child abuse medical exams from the Child Abuse Intervention Department (CAID)
- 10,013 free vaccines were administered through the Mobile Immunization Clinic
- 230 kids and parents received grief support through BRIDGES: A Center for Grieving Children
- Countless lives saved through the prevention of accidental injuries through safety education, car seat installations, bike helmet checks, and providing water safety equipment and safe gun storage through the Center for Childhood Safety
There are many ways you can help!
- Click the “donate” button to support my fundraising efforts.
- Register for Courage and ride with me.
- Help me spread the word by sharing the link to this fundraising page on your social networks.
When you support Mary Bridge, you help children get the high-quality, compassionate care they need and deserve. Thank you for helping children at Mary Bridge.
Ready. Set. Courage.
About Mary Bridge Children's Hospital
For more than 60 years, Mary Bridge has been a nonprofit hospital that has counted on support from the community to fulfill its mission of providing care to all children, regardless of a family's ability to pay. Learn more at supportmarybridge.org.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.