Welcome to My Personal Fundraising Page
During my years with the Pierce County Sheriff's Department I saw many terrible instances of child abuse, from beatings to the most horrific abuse imagineable. One call I responded to that I will NEVER forget was a mother who repeatedly stabbed her three children, ages 6 months to 5 years, and then stabbed herself multiple times in the back. Only one of the children survived and was expertly cared for at Mary Bridge Hospital. The mother committed this unimaginable crime merely in an effort to make it "appear" that her estranged boyfriend had attacked them! No child deserves to be abused, yet it happens EVERY day! Thankfully, in Pierce County Washington these abused children receive services from the Child Abuse Intervention Department (CAID) at Mary Bridge Children's Hospital. The outstanding staff at the CAID provide physical support, counseling, and emotional support as these often helpless children move down the difficult road of recovery from physical and sexual abuse.
On August 24th and 25th I am participating in the "Ride with Courage" bicycle ride to raise funds for the CAID at Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma. On day one of the event we ride over Blewett Pass (Elevation 4102') from Cle Elum to Leavenworth, Washington. On day two we ride back over Blewett Pass (on the old highway) from Leavenworth to Cle Elum. As some of you know, in January of last year I had surgery to have a dacron graft placed to repair my aeorta which had delaminated. I spent a few weeks using a walker. Now I am working hard in an effort to get into good enough shape to pull off this ride. From walker to Blewett! Wish me Luck!!
Please join me as I Ride with Courage. I am fundraising to support the abused children who are served by the CAID unit at Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital, and I need your help! Will you donate to help me reach my goal and help kids at Mary Bridge get the services they need? Whether it's $5 or $500, everything helps a cause that I believe in deeply. Thank you!
100% of donor contributions to Mary Bridge Children’s Courage support patient care and family support at Mary Bridge. Here are a few ways your dollars make an impact:
Kids served at Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital & Health Center in 2017 thanks to donor support:
- 43,448 emergency room visits
- 3,665 hospital admissions
- 225 families received ongoing support from the Pediatric Complex Care Team
2017 donor-supported community program statistics:
- 1,081 fragile infants and their families received home visits through Parenting Partnership
- 405 children received child abuse medical exams from the Child Abuse Intervention Department (CAID)
- 10,013 free vaccines were administered through the Mobile Immunization Clinic
- 230 kids and parents received grief support through BRIDGES: A Center for Grieving Children
- Countless lives saved through the prevention of accidental injuries through safety education, car seat installations, bike helmet checks, and providing water safety equipment and safe gun storage through the Center for Childhood Safety
There are many ways you can help!
- Click the “donate” button to support my fundraising efforts.
- Register for Courage and ride with me.
- Help me spread the word by sharing the link to this fundraising page on your social networks.
When you support Mary Bridge, you help children get the high-quality, compassionate care they need and deserve. Thank you for helping children at Mary Bridge.
Ready. Set. Courage.
About Mary Bridge Children's Hospital
For more than 60 years, Mary Bridge has been a not-for-profit hospital that has counted on support from the community to fulfill its mission of providing care to all children, regardless of a family's ability to pay. Learn more at marybridge.org.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.