Where the Money Goes
Here are some of the ways Come Walk With Me funds help our community:
- Cooling caps are purchased to help reduce hair loss for patients during chemotherapy.
- Breast Cancer Treatment Handbooks are issued to all newly diagnosed breast cancer patients.
- Post-surgical camisoles with built-in drainage are provided to breast cancer patients at no cost.
- Complimentary wigs and wig fittings are available for patients in treatment, which include custom color matching, trims and alterations. Headscarves and hats are also provided free of charge.
- Cancer support groups and Lymphedema classes are offered to anyone impacted by cancer and provide education and emotional support.
- T’ai Chi Chih, Gentle Yoga and Healthy Steps classes are offered to anyone impacted by cancer. The Healthy Steps class is specifically designed for breast cancer patients to prevent or reduce post-surgical Lymphedema.
- The Pink Fund provides gas and grocery gift cards to under-served breast cancer patients in East Pierce County.
- A complimentary skin and makeup class called Look Good, Feel Better is offered for women in treatment, which teaches skin care and makeup tips by a licensed beauty professional. The class also includes a cosmetic kit, wig education and social interaction.
- The Good Samaritan Cancer Resource Center provides cancer-related literature and emotional support for community members impacted by cancer.